Writing Tomorrow Magazine is now accepting submissions.
Writers are the architect of the future. Our reflections on the past foreshadow the years to come; our fantasies of the future become the foundation of new ideas; our foray into relationships adds to the understanding of humankind. Not only do we write tomorrow, but we right tomorrow.
Writing Tomorrow is a new literary magazine looking for emerging and established writers. We offer writing tips, articles on craft and publishing, and even a special place among our pages for youth works. We believe great literature and artwork instill in us a sense of beauty, a promise of hope, and every possibility.
Thank you for your interest in submitting to Writing Tomorrow! We publish both emerging and established writers in print and digital media. We accept previously unpublished fiction (up to 12,000 words), poetry, creative nonfiction, novel excerpts, and artwork. We offer $50-100 for fiction/nonfiction and artwork. The rates for poetry and flash fiction begin at $25. Please refer to the guidelines below before submitting through our submissions manager. (Click the link at the bottom of this post.) Stories published in Writing Tomorrow will be nominated and submitted for prizes and anthologies such as Pushcart, PEN/O’Henry, and the Best Of series among others.
- Specify in your cover letter whether your work is poetry, fiction, creative nonfiction, or artwork.
- Please put a word count and a short bio in your cover letter. Headers and footers are not necessary.
- If you have multiple poems or artworks, send them in a single attachment.
- You may send up to six poems or three works of fiction at a time. Please do not send more until you’ve received a response from us.
- Indicate whether your work is a simultaneous submission in the cover letter.
While we believe in the freedom of expression and will read anything you have to say, we will not print:
overtly religious/political works
genre thriller/horror stories without a substantial theme.
We expect already polished works and will print those pieces that refuse to be forgotten. We may, however, edit your work. You will have the chance to work with us and review any changes. And of course, you will retain your full rights after publication.
Are you ready to submit?! Click here.
We look forward to reading you!